Friday, September 30, 2016

Sept 7, 2016

Sept 7, 2016
Wow 3 more weeks and I will be out of here!!!!  The MTC has honestly been a blast!  I love my district and would do anything for them.  Also I love my companion Elder Ha, it is sad though because we will no longer be companions.  Elder Ha is being paired up with a Native Korean, and I will be moved into a Trio with Elder Maio and Elder Burridge.  We also had to move again so I could be in a room with my new trio.  So our district had to move twice in the last week!

I have gained some weight here!  I eat like a pig and my Young Men Leader's already knew I ate a ton.  Well it caught up to me.  You can't really tell the difference by looking, but the scale doesn't lie.  I gained 8 pounds here.  I plateaued off now.  I am just banking on losing some weight in New York from walking all day but then again...... It is New York.... and I love food.

I love playing basketball here with everyone!  There are some kids that are really good here and it is just so fun to hang out and just ball.  

On Sunday I had to give the opening prayer, of course in Korean.  I think I did pretty good and everyone said I did good, so I am happy with that!  

The Older group ahead of us left so that made me sad!  They were huge examples and were always so fun to hang out with and talk to!  They all had a great attitude!  I was passed down a water boiler so we can cook up some Ramen, so that will be fun to use!

I controlled two lessons on my own this week and they went so well!!  It is just great knowing I can give a 20 minute lesson in Korean! 
In one of the lessons we had with our Sister investigator.  She said that she looked up a ton of stuff on the Internet about Joesph Smith.  I testified to her that the internet doesn't really have the truth about Joesph Smith, I then told that I believed Joesph Smith had seen god and no matter what the internet said, I knew that he was a true prophet of god.

Then I retold the first vision in Korean (I got it memorized finally......). This first vision of Joesph Smith has so much power.  I know it can change hearts.  It gave me the chills as I sat there and recited from my heart.  I know Joesph Smith is a true prophet of God.  All of this is possible because he was willing to lay down his life for this amazing gospel that we have today!  I am so grateful for that man!  

I love you all and hope you all have a wonderful week!!!

-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment