Friday, September 30, 2016

Aug 31, 2016

Aug 31, 2016
Hello Everyone!!!!!

MTC is still in progress of course ;)  I am just living life here and honestly having a lot of fun with my district and with the language.  My district is so amazing, it feels like we have all hung out with each other since birth.  We all have fun and tell a lot of jokes.  I think it was a blessing that I was put with this group.  They are all amazing!

Sorry to everyone this week!  I did not have time to get to all the emails I would have liked to get to!  So I'm sorry if I didn't reply!  I will try and get to you all next week.  Life is busy, I got to study all that 한국말  (Korean).  Hope everything is well with all of you!  I know life is hard, but there is always a way.  If there is one thing I have learned here at the MTC and while studying Korean, is that the Lord will provide a way.

As I first arrived to the MTC I thought it would be a breeze, because I had already heard so much Korean at home.  I was totally wrong, and I was humbled very quickly.  I first had a companion, Elder Ha, who is practically fluent in Korean.  He is so good!  

For all those missionaries out there and for all of you at home!  Do not ever ever compare yourself to anyone else!  It will lead you to self doubt and sadness.  Do not compare!
I know you all are amazing people, don't fall into the trap of comparing yourself to others, it will never help you in anything!  Only compare yourself to what you were yesterday!

I fell into that trap the first couple weeks, Now looking back I saw my progress has slowed.  I now am progressing so much and growing so much more spiritually.

I read Mosiah Chapter 7-9 It talks about the people of Zarahemla finding the people of Lehi-Nephi.  I just loved reading about them and how they rejoiced after they found their brethren.

We have the opportunity to teach members from Provo and BYU every Monday night.  It is always so amazing to teach a message and talk to members.  We teach Koreans and some RM's.  This Thursday we got to teach this woman who was from Argentina.  So we got to speak English!  It was so exciting.  I actually forgot how to speak and do a message in Korean.  All I have done is Korean lessons, so it was so weird to teach someone in English.  Even though English is my first language.

Well that was it for this week!  I hope everyone is doing great.  Remember God is always with you, no matter what.


Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment