Friday, September 30, 2016

Sept 14, 2016- 12 More Days Until New York!!!!

Sept 14, 2016
Wowowowow! Time is flying!  I can't believe I am almost done with the MTC.  I don't feel prepared at all.  The language has gotten so much harder these last weeks.  I can't wait to get out into the field and start teaching about Christ, Joesph Smith, and Repentance.  I am so excited!  

I have learned more spiritually in these last 8 weeks than I have in my whole 18 years of living.  The spirit is so strong here, and the time you have here to just study the scriptures brings you so much closer to Christ.  

I learned something yesterday during Choir.  Brother Egget the choir instructor said this to us: " The Lord is not protecting you he is perfecting you."  "He is not protecting you from the pain"  It hit me so hard!  Christ wants us to improve and be better!  That doesn't mean he is going to let us take the easy way out.  He is going to give us challenges, but he will also help us through the challenges.  That will make us better and stronger.

We have had the most amazing week!  Last Tuesday we had Elder D. Todd Christofferson speak to us.  Sunday we had Elder M. Russell .  Then yesterday we had Elder Quentin L. Cook speak to us!  It was so amazing to have 3 apostles of the Lord speak to us in a row.

Elder Christofferson really touched me when he spoke about Trust.  He said:
It is greater to be trusted than to be loved.  "Yes Christ loves you, but does he trust you?"  Does he trust you to do his work?
Your mission president should trust you, and say I want Elder Smith in that area, because I trust him and I know he will work hard and be obedient.  I want to be that type of missionary to my mission president!

Elder Ballard said:
"May the Lord help you and may you learn to trust him"  
I know wherever the Lord sends me I will trust in him.  I will be where he wants me to be.  
Trust him that he will give all of you miracles in your life!

Elder Cook:
He touched me when he talked about the 4 Love's
Love your companion
Love the people
Love your mission President
Love the Lord
He told a story that when they assign you to your mission.  The first thing they look at is what mission president will be the best for this missionary.  He said that they are assigned to a mission because of the people there, but actually it was the mission president that was there.  He said to have complete love and respect for your mission president.  I don't know my mission president, but I already love him and trust him.  He is called of God.

Such an amazing week and I have learned so much!  I love being a missionary and I am here to teach others about the Restoration, Joesph Smith, Atonement of Jesus, and of families.  I can't wait for the opportunity to teach people that.  I just want to jump up and down, knowing that I will be in New York in less than 2 weeks.  Wow.....

I love you all!  May you all pray and ask to see God's love this week!  I know you can all see God's hand in each of your lives everyday this next week.  Thank you for all your support.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment