Friday, September 30, 2016

Sept 21, 2016- Next Time I'll Be In New York!!!

Sept 21, 2016
Wow the realization that I am actually leaving in 5 days is so exciting!  I have been here at the MTC for 9 weeks...... It went by so fast!  I have met so many friends that I won't forget!  The people in my district are so amazing!!  My teachers are also so great!!!

I am going to miss everyone here........  They are all going to their respective places in Korea!  I will cherish the friendships we have made here.  They are so great.  These last two months with them have been the best.  They are literally my buddies!  I am going to miss them!  At least Elder Ha is coming with me!!

I got my flight plans!!!!  I am so excited!  The next time I email I will be in New York..... Wow, that is just so exciting!  I can't wait! I am a little nervous, but I just can't wait to see what is waiting for me in New York.  I have to be ready3:30am Monday morning.  That is going to be rough, but I will probably be way excited so I will be able to get up!  

I've been talking to some people who went New York Korean speaking.  They are really good speakers after their mission, the only thing they said they did.... was work for it.  I will not be immersed in the culture as much as my other friends here at the MTC.  I will have to work for my language everyday.  I know I can do it, sure it will be hard but it will be worth it.  The gift of tongues is real.  I have already felt the influence of it and how much Korean I have learned.  

I know God lives.  I know he is there for us, if we but only pray and ask.  He can and will help us with anything.  One thing I have learned is that God does not always answer your prayers like you want them to be answered.  You just have to have patience.  Real patience!  I have already went through challenges here, and I know there will be plenty more.  I just know that God will be with me.  I know that this Gospel is true, or I would not be out here right now serving the people in New York. Each one of you are huge examples to me!
I love you all so very much!

Love, Elder Smith

Here is a link to a video of Renee speaking Korean


No comments:

Post a Comment