Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Nov 14, 2016 Meeting, Meetings, and more Meetings

Well this week was a little rough because like the email says...
meetings! This week we had District Meeting! I like District meeting
because we learn a lot and it's fun to be with our District.  The
sisters in our district have a lot of success in finding on the
streets.  So Sister Yu taught us how to teach on the streets more
effectively and how we can ask for referrals.  It was powerful and I
think our companionship needed! :)

We had a zone training meeting with our zone.  There are 25 of us.  We
learned a lot from our zone leaders and that was really focused on
what we could do to achieve some of our mission goals!

Then we had mega zone conference which combines our stake zones which
is about 3ish zones.  It was great because President Reynolds (mission
president) is there for those ones.  He gives us so much encouragement
and insight! This meeting was an all day thing with lunch and
everything. From this I learned that I truly need to ask referrals
from everyone! Members, investigators, and less-actives. Referrals are
key, we want to have trust with our members and truly care for them.
This is not about baptizing your friends this is about loving people
and caring for their happiness and their salvation.  Some members are
afraid to refer friends thinking it will hurt their friendships... it
won't. As members of this church we are all missionaries we can give
others and our friends the joy we feel being members of this church.
It is our duty to share with them this gospel, because we truly love
them.

This week I learned Love.  I already emailed my sister a little
message about love that I will kind of talk about here.

In missionary work I have to love the people!  And that applies at
home also, you have to love your neighbors and your friends and the
people who hurt you or are mean to you.  You have to love everyone! As
a missionary if I don't love these people the work is so slow, people
can tell if you truly love them! And so for me I have to show that
love and really care for their lives and their families.  This mission
and even our membership in the church is about how we can bring others
unto Christ. And that's where all the Christlike attributes come in,
we have to be a Christlike example for others! "

I love you all!!!!!
Elder Smith



No comments:

Post a Comment