Saturday, October 29, 2016

October 25, 2016 -Last Week of the Transfer....Time Flies

So this week just flew by and I don't even know why!  Before I knew
it, it was Sunday!  Thursday and Friday I went on exchanges with the
zone leaders again.  They are so great! I was with Elder Jheng and he
is a stud!  I can tell he truly loves the people and he works hard.  I
am having fun out here.  Missionary work is so great when you truly
put yourself into the work and love what you are doing.  This week
Elder Lee and I just had a great time contacting and knocking.  You
just have to have fun with missionary work and be super positive!  If
you make a mission a job, it will be the longest 2 years.  Elder Lee
and I just have a lot of fun we laugh and have a lot of jokes going
now.  I'm going to miss him, he goes home next week!  I've learned so
much!  We also had Stake Conference which was so great.  I don't know
if it's because I'm a missionary now or what, but it was the most
spiritual and loving Stake Conference I have ever been to!  Just some
really great stories of the people here.  The people here in New York
have gone through some really hard things, and their faith and
testimonies are so strong!  You just feel their love for the gospel
whenever you meet a member.  I love it!

And happy birthday to my mom this week!!!!! 🎂🎂

This week went by fast and we actually had a birthday party for Sister
Fitt!!  Super awesome!  I love my district so much!  They are so nice
and we have a lot of fun!  Sorry for the short email, just had a good
smooth week with nothing really crazy!

Life is hard and will throw things at us, but just remember you can
control you attitude.  You can choose whether to be frustrated or to
take it, work with it, and turn it into something better.  I have
learned that you just have to trust God.  He truly is our loving
Heavenly Father and wants to help us!  He is there for us, always!  I
love you all!!
-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment