Monday, October 3, 2016

Oct 3, 2016- NEW YORK!

Well I made it!!! You all got the picture.  I can't believe I am
actually in New York.  I have a long journey ahead of me.  My first
week was hard, I got really homesick but General Conference was really
good.  It helped me a lot to recognize my purpose and to realize that
everything will be ok.  I hope you all watched and that you are all
ok!  I love you all so so very much.  Everything is real now, real
people, real investigators, real rejections, and real Korean.  Ahh
Korean is so hard... We honestly should have started studying Korean
as kids, like 8 years old.  So Ryten and Raimee get studying just
because knowing another language is so good for you.  Well we met a
lot of people and my Korean is not good at all... I got to study hard!
 Wow New York, I still can't believe it.  I am in Flushing New York if
you all want to know.  There is actually no Korean town.  The whole
city of flushing just has mixed Chinese and Korean buildings in it.
So everywhere you will see Korean buildings and shops.  Korean
missionary work is hard there aren't many baptisms here so it's hard
already.  The Koreans are very hard hearted here.  Before we really
say anything to them on the street they just say "I already go to
church or I'm busy". It's really funny because they don't even listen.
It is also hard to just find Koreans, there are a lot of them, but
there are so many Chinese.  You can be 99% sure they are Korean and
then they are Chinese.  Sunday's usually everyone on the streets are
Korean, because they all go to some sort of church.


My companion is Elder Lee he is from Washington, but he is perfect in
Korean.  He is a native and lived in Korea for 10 years.  He is full
Korean.  He is super nice and fun!  New York is crazy, can't wait to
see what happens.  The other trainer is from Korea.  So technically I
a, surrounded by a ton of native Koreans so I hope the language comes
quick.


Love, Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment